Sunday, October 10, 2010

Power of Words

Again and again over the last several weeks, God has reminded me of the power of words and thoughts. He wants to change how I think and how I speak about my life. During this difficult year it has been very easy to speak negatively and complain. What sounded like me just being honest about our situation became declarations over our situation. We don't have enough money. We can't find work. We are about to lose everything. I would then pray God would provide for us. But my hope and joy were gone. I was pleading from a place of defeat and not from my place God has given me. A place of favor.

In my prayers, quiet times and the sermons I've been listening to, God keeps bringing up the same issue. Not only does he bring it up, but he makes sure I see the fruit of my life-giving declarations. Our words have power. I'm learning to use them wisely.

So today we went to a new church for a change and because I knew God had something to say to us and this is where we would hear it. So we went and guess what the sermon was on... Power of words of course. After the sermon the speaker prophesied over a few people in the room. I new she had a word for us. She asked if there was a man or woman who's business is failing. Definitely us! After the service she came to speak with us and prophesied over us that God was going to expand our business. She saw a room with wall to wall computers in it and said we may be going into teaching/instructing others. She prayed for new contracts and an increase in income. Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. YAY GOD!!!!!!! I'm THRILLED we got to be there with you!!!!!! It was absolutely a boost to my faith!

    ReplyDelete