Monday, April 4, 2011

Lift Up Your Eyes

"The LORD said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Lift up your eyes from where you are and look north and south, east and west."

We often base our decisions and measure our success by what we see. Whether it be our job, family, church or finances. We make an assessment of our life and live within it.

I love how God tells Abram, "Lift up your eyes from where you are..." He invites Abram to see beyond his current situation. There is more that God is doing. Abram's sight has a limit. Our sight has limits. Sometimes, all I see are my current cirsumstances, what is working and what isn't working. I see where I am falling short. My prayers become boxed into what I know, what I can see.

But God sees more. God is saying, don't get wrapped up in what is going on now and what you are doing. Look and see what I am doing. I'm not limited to where you are now. Lift your eyes up. There is so much more!

Seeing with God allows us to release our faith and pray based on his promises instead of our limitations. It reminds us he is leading the way and his view restores hope.

2 comments:

  1. This is some good stuff!! I will be thinking a lot about this all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this today! Thanks, Tff.

    ReplyDelete