Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rough Day

Waiting on God without asking, "when God, when?!" is a challenge. But I'm getting the hang of running to him, pouring my heart out and then asking what he has to say about it instead of racking my brain trying to figure out where I went wrong.

This is all...painful. And confusing. And difficult. I just want to see the harvest now. Or to hear the specifics of what the plan is...even just one small detail that I can cling too. But that is just it...I want something else to cling to besides him. Its a faith issue.

Do I believe he is who he says he is and will do everything he promised to do? Do I believe he loves me and intends to bless me, not harm me?

Sometimes when my circumstances are overwhelming, I have to stop and ask myself these questions. The rest of the questions are irrelevant.

Yes, God is who he says he is. Yes, he will do everything he promised to do. Yes, he loves me and desires good things for me.

If I want peace that surpasses all understand I have to give up my right to understand. Surrender to him even though the situation seems impossible. This is humility. This is peace. This is faith.



Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
-James 1:4

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
-Proverbs 3:5-6

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it[a] will certainly come and will not delay.
-Habbakkuk 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment